Sibelga, the distribution grid operator of Brussels, decided in 2014 to replace their old system managing the protected customers by a new system to cope with MIG6 compliancy, digital archiving, enhanced financial accounting and extensive legal, financial and management reporting. The old system was decommissioned and replaced with a new solution based on an SAP backbone, but with a profound integration between SAP and other applications such as SharePoint and Haugazel (CRM & Billing application of Haulogy). The new application went successfully live on the originally planned date in Nov 2016.
How LAVA helped?
Sibelga asked LAVA to manage the Migration & Transition and to manage the Integration.
Migration and Transition was paramount for the success of this project, but multiple challenges had to be faced: more than 10 years of data, specific processes for Brussels, lots of data transformations, multiple source and target systems and important interdependencies between those systems. LAVA’s s goal was to minimize as much of the risk as possible by taking responsibility for:
- Definition of the migration strategy;
- Planning, budget and scope of the migration track;
- Testing and quality assurance of migrated data by use of the available BI tools;
- Step by step transition planning and coordination of the Go Live.
As for the Integration track, the challenge was equally steep. Seven internal and external systems and/or parties needed to be integrated to cover the required functionalities. LAVA acted as integration lead and was responsible for:
- Coordination, follow-up and communication about system integration;
- Design and implementation of a document management process which reached from Haugazel, via SAP to a third party print shop and archiving in SharePoint;
- Planning of all integration activities with impact on and from the many involved parties inside and outside Sibelga;
- Set-up of a logging and monitoring solution to ensure the integrity of all integration flows.
A very good understanding and cooperation was established between the LAVA and the Sibelga project team. Thanks to this teamwork and the firm commitment of the Sibelga management the predetermined Go Live date was respected.
After having ramped up the functionalities of the new solution, expected business benefits started to be visible:
- Increased flexibility for the billing of different types of clients;
- A more transparent accounting possible;
- Client documents are now being digitally archived and easily accessible to business users.
Read more about Sibelga on www.sibelga.be.
Read more about LAVA on www.lava-consulting.be.